Sea shrimp larviculture
Responsible: Drª Lucélia Borges
Credits: 02 (30 h/a)
Syllabus: The different units will be addressed with theoretical-practical classes, aiming to clarify aspects about the ontogeny of marine shrimp from the larval stages and their production protocols, larvae and post-larvae production methods (clear water and bioflocs) and adjacent production sectors (phytoplankton and Artemia sp.), the main factors causing mortality in larviculture, until the preparation process for transporting post-larvae to nursery structures.
- BARBIERI Jr., RC & A OSTRENSKY NETO. 2001. Camarões Marinhos: Reprodução, Maturação e Larvicultura. Viçosa: Aprenda Fácil ed. 255p.
- CECCALDI, HJ. 1989. Anatomy and physiology of digestive tract of Crustaceans Decapods reared in Aquaculture. Advances in Tropical Aquaculture. AQUACOP, IFREMER, Actes de Colloque 9, pp. 243-259
- FAO. 2004. Manejo sanitario y mantenimiento de la bioseguridad de los laboratórios de postlarvas de camarón (Penaeus vannamei) em America Latina. Roma: Documento Tecnico de Pesca, 450p.
- HOFF, FH & TW SNELL. 2008. Plankton Culture Manual. 6 th edition. 186p.
- KITANI, H. 1986. Larval development of the White shrimp Penaeus vannamei (BOONE) Reared in the Laboratory and the Statistical Observation of its Naupliar Stages. Bul.of the Japon. Soc. of Scient. Fish., 52 (7):1131-1139.