Graduate Program in Aquaculture
Sensitive to the institutional vocation of FURG and aware of its potential, a group of professors, researchers in the area of Aquiculture, decided, from 1999, to organize a specific Graduate Program, aimed at training professionals in this area of knowledge.
The stricto sensu Graduate Program in Aquaculture (PPGAq) at the Federal University of Rio Grande (FURG), has the General Objective: "To train professionals capable of planning, assisting, guiding, conducting, evaluating and preventing impacts, diagnosing problems, creating and adapt technological solutions for the cultivation of aquatic organisms' aiming to promote the scientific and technological development of the creation of aquatic organisms ".
The PPGAq's Specific Objectives are:
1. Promote the technological development of the creation of aquatic organisms;
2. Encourage studies on the nutritional requirements of potentially cultivable species;
3. Make feasible studies on the main pathologies of cultivated organisms, their impact on productive activity, their forms of prevention and control;
4. Develop studies related to biotechnology and genetic improvement of economically viable organisms for aquaculture;
5. Conduct studies aimed at the development of aquaculture;
6. To seek knowledge of the biology of reproduction of cultivable aquatic organisms, with a view to their application on a commercial scale.